Engage your congregation
- Try Pastor Wayne’s way: Anonymously poll your congregation live during service. Group participation demonstrates we are not alone, even in the largest setting.
- Anonymous responses get to the root of issues that may be too painful to discuss in a group.
Free for up to 25 responses.
Igniting a conversation with your community
How one pastor hears from his congregation - in the middle of his sermon
Pastor Wayne Cordeiro of New Hope Christian Fellowship in Oahu, Hawaii tells a story in a way that is so inspirational and fun, we wanted to share it with you. Pastor Wayne demonstrates perfectly how to engage an entire congregation with Poll Everywhere, and injects humor and levity to the traditional Sunday service. You can hear and feel the joy his congregation has at seeing their anonymous responses up on the live screen.
That’s because today, mobile devices are everywhere, even in houses of worship such as churches, synagogues, and mosques. Poll Everywhere customers, like Pastor Wayne, have used our technology and their creativity to embrace and manage this phenomenon in ways that continue to have meaningful impact on their congregations’ lives, even in the largest mega-churches. Now real-time audience interaction brings intimate participation to faith-based organizations of any size or purpose at an affordable price.
How does it work?
- The leader displays a poll on the big screen in PowerPoint.
- The audience takes out their cell phones and texts a unique "keyword" to our phone number.
- Poll Everywhere receives these messages and sends all of the updates to the PowerPoint slide displaying the poll. The congregation loves participating because they feel like part of the service and they get to play around with their cellphones, which is normally forbidden.
Go ahead, try it!
What is Poll Everywhere?
Poll Everywhere is an inexpensive mobile device technology that connects you and your congregation in real time; it replaces the expensive proprietary audience response hardware with familiar web and mobile phone technology. At just one tenth the cost of clicker systems, it's the easiest and most affordable way to gather live responses via SMS, Twitter, or web browser.